Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tutorial: Knifty Knitter Ear Warmer/Headband



MATERIALS

  • Knifty Knitter rectangular loom with at least 7 pegs
  • Yarn of your choice ( I used bulky yarn, and I wish I didn't)
  • Knifty Knitter purple hook
  • Scissors

DIRECTIONS
  • Cast on and knit over 7 pegs
  • As you knit more and more rows, stop to wrap the yarn around your head to find the appropriate size(If you are making this as a gift, you can measure the other person's head beforehand)
  • Once you have the desire length, cast off and close
  • Cut a 1.5 foot piece of yarn and fasten the two ends together (If you didn't use bulky yarn, you can use the large plastic needle for sewing it together)
  • Wrap another piece of yarn around your finished project if desired, to make a faux knot look

8 comments:

  1. Hi Brooke, I tried to make this tonight and the edges are rolling. I'm so bummed because it so cute. Any ideas for me? Thanks, Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a really thick yarn when I made it. Maybe that would help?

      Delete
  2. You could alternate rows of knit and purl, that should help, and crochet cast on

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could alternate rows of knit and purl, that should help, and crochet cast on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the tip, Maggie!

      Delete
  4. Maggie, do you mean that you just wrap 7 pegs on one side of a rectangular loom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering the same thing.

      Delete
    2. I didn't have an issue with the edges rolling. I've only made the ear warmer with really thick yarn. I'd have to try it with regular yarn to see if that happens to me.

      Delete